Call for Nominations - NCENA Board of Directors -- Due by August 31, 2022
This announcement has 2 attachments:
NCENA Board of Directors Call for Nominations - 2022
The North Carolina Emergency Nurses Association (NCENA) Board of Directors governs the overall execution of the organization’s mission and primarily manages the affairs of NCENA. Board members contribute the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability, and ensure educational excellence for NCENA programs.
Applications are being accepted for the following NCENA Board of Directors positions which are elected annually for one (1) year terms:
- President-Elect (3-year total commitment; becomes President/Immediate-Past President)
Declaration of Candidacy
Board positions require a commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the next year as well as ways to contribute to the development of the organization.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be a professional licensed registered nurse
- Be a voting member during each of the previous five (5) years immediately prior to submitting the candidate application
- Have served in an elected or committee position on the local, state, or national level within the previous five (5) years
- Have attended at least one ENA General Assembly within the previous five (5) years as a delegate, alternate delegate, or other notable capacity
ENA Board of Directors Competencies
Prospective candidates are highly encouraged to review the NCENA Board of Directors Competencies (attached) as expectations of an NCENA Board of Directors member.
Participation on the Board of Directors requires a significant time investment. Make sure your employer is aware and supportive of your participation in this election process and the impact of your election.
- Board meetings (monthly)
- NCENA General Assembly meetings (monthly)
- Attendance is expected at the following events:
- State and Chapter Leaders Orientation (optional for repeat board members) - January
- ENA General Assembly (Board members are expected to be delegates) - September
- NCENA Emergency Nurses Symposium - November
- Attendance is optional at the following events:
- ENA Day on the Hill
- NC Nurses Night at the Legislature
- Board assignments: Chapter and committee board liaisons
Candidate Nomination Process
The self-nomination process includes submitting a candidate information sheet and curriculum vitae (CV) supporting your desire to run as a candidate for one (1) position and your ability to meet the NCENA Board of Director Competencies. Email the documents to the NCENA Elections/Nomination Committee Chair at “email@example.com” with the subject line “NCENA BOD Candidate Application 2022.” The documents submitted should validate all eligibility requirements listed in the “Declaration of Candidacy” section above. Candidate self-nominations must be received by August 31, 2022. Candidate information sheets will be posted on the NCENA website and social media at least 10 days prior to the election. Election will commence in line with ENA National’s election cycle, from September 19 – October 2, 2022. Election results will be announced October 3, 2022.